If you used to search the web for a 3GP version of your favorite video so that you could enjoy some high quality movies on your mobile phone, your search is over. No you won’t have to ask others to compress a video for your mobile phone because at the end of this tutorial, you’ll be able to compress any of your favorite video or movie to a high quality .3GP format movie yourself.
If you regularly watch videos on your mobile phone, you already know how pixelated and badly compressed most of those movies look. With this tutorial, we’ll follow some steps, use a nice compression software, and tune up a few things so that you’ll get videos with the the highest quality possible, and even that with a minor increase in the file size.
In order to compress the movie, first you’ll be needing this very nice audio/video compression tool called Read the rest of this entry »
So you want to install one of those .vkp patches to add more functionality to your Sony Ericsson phone? Well I’ve been thinking about writing an easy guide to patch your phones without any trouble.
After you’ve followed this tutorial, you’ll be able to add more such patches to add other extra features to your phone. If you don’t know about .vkp patches, let me tell you what .vkp patches can do. Patches actually let your phone do alot of things than it isn’t allowed to do therwise. For example .vkp patches can:
- Remove java restrictions so that you won’t be annoyed by those permission messages everytime opera mini tries to access the internet or every time you start a file reading program
- Add extra menus on the phone’s desktop for easy accessiblitity
- Increase sms (inbox) storage size to thousands of sms msgs.
- Add a blacklist (call-blocking) feature so that certain people can’t call you.
- Add other smaller features like make your phone vibrate once when you call someone and they attend the call.
Installing the .vkp patches:
We’ll be using a program called Far Manager to apply the patches to your sony ericsson phone. Get Far Manager from here, now we’ll be using the SEFP plugin (Sony Ericsson Flash Plugin), you can download it from here. Now install Far Manger and Read the rest of this entry »
Flashing a Sony Ericsson phone is a pretty easy and straight forward process. I’ll be covering Sony Ericsson’s K750, W800, K790, K800, K810 in this guide, although this guide is generic and works for flashing nearly all of the currently available phones.
You’ll be needing a flashing program (XS++ v3.1 in this case), a DCU-60 cable (the USB cable that you got with your phone) & the two flash files (Main + FS). So first
- Get the flashing program, XS++ v3.1 from here (go to the applications folder to get it)
- If you own a K790, K800 or K810, get its flash files (Main + FS) from here (go to the Firmware folder and select the subfolder for your specific phone. No download the MAIN and FS files. In my case I chose K790_R6BC002_FS_America_2_RED52.rar & K790_R6BC002_Main_generic_EV_RED52.rar . Notice the difference in the two files, one is FS and the other is Main, both FS & Main should be the same version (R6BC002 in this case) and both files are CID52 (see? the files end with RED52).If you own a K750/W800, you can get you FS file from here and Main file from here directly. If you own some other model of Sony Ericsson, you’ll have to google search for its FS & MAIN files.
- Extract the FS & Main files to a temporary folder if they are compressed
Next we’ll start the flashing process by starting XS++, just extract the XS++ file that you downloaded earlier. Click on the ‘connect’ button, then turn off your phone and press the while keep pressing the ‘c’ button on ur phone connect the cable. XS++ should detect your phone now and you’ll see a screen like this:
If XS++ is unable to detect your phone, don’t worry, google search for USB flash drivers for your specific phone and try again then.
Once your phone is detected by XS++, its time to select the FS & Main files in XS++, then select your phone model from the dropdown box below, Read the rest of this entry »