So you like a video on YouTube that you want to download and store on your computer? Here’s a quick and fast guide how to download all your favourite YouTube videos without any hassle. After following this guide, you’ll have a quality video downloaded onto your computer that you can play later on at anytime.
First of all, select the YouTube video that you want to download. In this guide, I’ll be using a video from a quick search. Lets say you want to download one of Britney Spear’s latest videos, here are the easy steps to get that or any other video:
- Open YouTube.com, and in the search box type whatever video you want to download. I’m going to type Britney so that we can proceed with downloading one of her videos in this tutorial.
- Once you get the results, the next step is to get the address of that specific video.
Select any video from the list and right click on its title and then choose “Copy Link Location” or “Copy Link Address”.
- The video address should be copied to the clipboard now. Now we’ll use this address to get the direct link of the video. Click HERE , and a you should see KeepVid’s frontpage in a new tab/window.
- Simply paste in the textbox the video url that we copied from youtube earlier and then click the Download button, as show n below
- On the next page you should see two links as shown below. the first green download link lets you download the default quality video and the second download link gets you a high quality mp4 video of that YouTube video of your choice.
- Right click on any of the two download links (whether you want the high-quality video or the regular quality one), and select “Save Target As”. Simply select the folder on you computer where you want the video to be stored and downloaded and the video should start downloading now.
- After the video is downloaded, you should be able to play the video. If your media player doesn’t play the video correctly, download THIS codec pack, it should install all the required plugins and a nice small media player called Media Player Classic that’ll play all your mobile/YouTube etc vidoes.
I hope this guide helped you in some way. Happy surfing!