So you want to install one of those .vkp patches to add more functionality to your Sony Ericsson phone? Well I’ve been thinking about writing an easy guide to patch your phones without any trouble.
After you’ve followed this tutorial, you’ll be able to add more such patches to add other extra features to your phone. If you don’t know about .vkp patches, let me tell you what .vkp patches can do. Patches actually let your phone do alot of things than it isn’t allowed to do therwise. For example .vkp patches can:
- Remove java restrictions so that you won’t be annoyed by those permission messages everytime opera mini tries to access the internet or every time you start a file reading program
- Add extra menus on the phone’s desktop for easy accessiblitity
- Increase sms (inbox) storage size to thousands of sms msgs.
- Add a blacklist (call-blocking) feature so that certain people can’t call you.
- Add other smaller features like make your phone vibrate once when you call someone and they attend the call.
Installing the .vkp patches:
We’ll be using a program called Far Manager to apply the patches to your sony ericsson phone. Get Far Manager from here, now we’ll be using the SEFP plugin (Sony Ericsson Flash Plugin), you can download it from here. Now install Far Manger and Read the rest of this entry »