I’ve been playing league of legends A LOT lately and this addiction has made me install it on my secondary machine (the laptop) also.
During today’s season 3.1 patch update, I decided to try a trick that allows getting the update files while EU-west is still down. Somebody on reddit mentioned setting the SERVER to EU-NE would get the game updated while EUW is down. I tried this and the game happily downloaded like 80MBs of files. A while later i restart the LOL client and set the server back to EUW. All of a sudden I get an error that there’s something wrong with the game files (without any further information). Considering how shitty the League of Legends Adobe Air client is, I was not surprised.
I ran the repair function to fix the files but after 30 mins of ‘repair’ nothing happened. Here’s how an old backup saved me. I realized I had a month old RAR archive of my league of legends folder (i used that rar file to copy league of legends from my desktop to laptop). I just deleted the old league folder and extracted the month old RAR files. Launched the game and voila! it started updating the patch again (hey! its still better than spending hours staring at the repair files screen of the client).
The game just updated and it’s about time to get my daily fix
P.S. Kinda sad that I finished work in a hurry to save some extra time for my weekend league of legends session and most of the time got spent trying to fix/update the game but at least I get to play now . League is such an addictive game D: